Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Last Tweet

I was on Twitter just now and I was looking at the people who I was following and Elizabeth Taylor. I decided to go and look at her last tweet and another tweet that had no link, just her speaking, which probably is her real last tweet to the world. I read these and I can't help but wonder if she ever thought one of those would be her last tweet. If, when she wrote them, did she stop to think this may be the last thing I say to the world. And by to the world I mean the twitter-verse.
It's strange isn't? Thinking if this were your last tweet...

There could be so many last things. The very last words you write, the last interview you had, the last picture you take, the last clothes you wear, the last time you open your eyes. It's all so sad to think about and it can be scary. There's really no moral to this, just me thinking out loud here. I mean if you knew you were going to die the next day, what would be your last?

I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to write angry things on facebook or twitter. It just feels strange. I mean if you were to die and the last thing you wrote was something when you were mad, then people might think you had a bad last day and really, why leave the ones you love thinking you were upset that day.

It might hurt them more knowing you had a bad last day and if they could go back, they would try to make it better. In a way, it would probably leave them haunted. I would never want the people I love thinking what if or if I could have done that differently. I guess I'm starting to truly understand what it meant when James Dean said:

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Live every moment of every day of every hour, every minute, and every second. Put as much happiness you can in a second because you don't know if it might be your last.

And, and, and...
leave a nice quote on your account because it just might be the last thing people will know you say to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment